Join QWOCMAP for the Juciest, Queerest, Most Feralicious After Party Ever!!!
Featuring the Delicious DJ Black!!!
2730 21st @ Bryant
Saturday, June 9
09:30 PM – 01:00 AM
Tapas available till 20 before midnight
$10 – $25
Whether we’re making life-healing films about QTPOC love and revolution or sweating everything out to Janelle Monae or Stromae on the dance floor, QWOCMAP is committed to building community and understanding while shattering stereotype and bias.
So, in preparation for our awesome After Party that you absolutely have to attend, we’d like to offer the following 7 QWOCMAP Dance Party Truths:
1. The groove has no set or defined rhythm. Your pace is perfect and divine. Dance queerdo, dance.
2. Fuck borders. Space and time are in abundance. Black and Indigenous Queers of Color, fat peeps, disabled qt’s, elders and old folk, undocuqueers, fam that don’t fit into the binary — we beseech you to take your space and jam however you see fit.
3. As Mary says, “Leave your situation at the door….Ain’t no hateration or holleration in this dance soiree.”
4. That cute queer who was busy volunteering during the festival and didn’t have time to return your flirt-eyes, meow, meow, now’s the time. Go say hi!!!
5. Your pheromones are decadent, lush, and utterly compelling. Leave the cologne and body spray at home boo, we rather smell you in all your ripeness.
6. It’s a celebration for one of the dopest, most revolutionary arts organizations around and we rely on you to keep things free, fun, and accessible. Whether you’re grooving artsy at the Film Festival or freaky at the After Party, please be plentiful and generous as big mama’s hips, tia’s thighs, and Oba Chan’s tongue with your wallet.
And the most important truth #7: QWOCMAP LOVES YOU SO MUCH.
WE HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD ALL YEAR FOR THIS!!!
Come Let It Everything Loose And Celebrate With Us!!!!!